Saturday, April 11, 2009

First entry!

Hi everyone - well, whoever reads this! :]
I have been reading a lot of the 'beauty guru' blogs and oh my goodness, they are so addictive!
They make me want to go and buy lots of pretty new things ♥

And seeing as though I'm always on the look out for something new, it's no surprise that I ordered a new foundation online which came in the post today - I love getting things in the post!
I'm like a kid, honestly.
I got Revlons Colorstay because I've heard a lot of good things about it and I like the idea of having long lasting coverage - I have so little time to myself these days, I need something that isn't going to need reapplying lots.
I saw it for £11.75 in Boots but bought it for about £7 on Ebay!
Bargains make me happy :)
I got it in 'Ivory' and it's the perfect match for my super fair skin.
I love this foundation - it really evens out my skintone, and it certainly stays put!
I have a 7 week old son and no matter how much I snuggle him, this foundation does not budge :)
I also really like how healthy and fresh this product made me look - I've been pretty sleep-deprived lately but once I had my foundation on, I looked 10 times better!
The only thing I can think of which isn't great about this foundation is the smell of it in the bottle - it reminds me a little bit of paint!
But once you put it on your skin you really don't smell it anymore.

Another product I got recently that has really got me hooked is actually from Claire's Accessories :o
I was in there looking at hairclips the other day and the lipbalms caught my eye - I picked up one called "Fairy Cakes" as it was the last one there (I thought it must be good if it was selling out!).
And sure enough it's gorgeous - really does smell like sweet fairy cakes and has a lovely texture too; not too sticky and glides on nicely.
A few people have said how nice it smells and asked what it is which is great!
I'm going to pick up another pot soon as it's only £1.50 and I know I will run out in the not too distant future the way I'm going through the stuff!

In other news, I have a horrible cold! :(
My hubby Steve got it first, then I did, and our son Oliver had just started getting the snuffles, sneezing and coughing - I feel so bad that he is poorly!
It's horrid seeing him under the weather.
I've just been taking paracetamol but I think I might need some lemsip or something - not the lemon one though cos it makes me feel really sick :/

Another thing on my mind which is actually a lot more serious than make up and colds, is my Nana and her health..
We found out recently that she had a cancerous lump in her breast and she had an operation to remove it a few days ago.
She seems to be on the mend, but she is due to start radiotherapy soon and I am dreading it..
They say it might make her tired and groggy, but I do hope she won't feel too awful.
I'm also praying that the cancer was caught early (they think it was) and it hasn't spread.
We will hear more about that side of things soon thank goodness; I feel like I really just need to know.

Anyway, I think that's enough for a first entry - I will write more when my little man gives me some time :D ♥
xoxo

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Cancer is awful.. I hope your Nana is doing ok :)

I tried Revlon Colorstay Foundation awhile ago and did not love it but the recent revival has made me want to give it another go.