Monday, April 27, 2009

Quick update and eyeshadow experiment pic!

So it was me and Steves anniversary on the 24th, and he took me out for a meal :)
I wanted to do something different with my make up because I always seem to go for a very pinky/ neutral eye look..
So this is what I ended up with!





I used a lemony/white Chili Pepper Eye Shadow Cream all over as a base, then applied Barry M Dazzle Dust in 94 (Teal, I think?) on the lid.
Next, I put another Dazzle Dust (can't read the number on the pot as it's worn off, grr!) in a pinky/ purple shade at the outer corner, and a darker purple Dazzle Dust blended in to the crease.
I put a Mini Bourjois eyeshadow pot (shade 02) on the inner corner, and another Barry M Dazzle Dust (ice pink, I think it's called) on the brow bone as a highlight.
All very shimmery which this crappy camera phone picture doesn't show, unfortunately! :(
At first I was thinking it was too much, so I blended it lots..
Then I just ended up really liking it! So it stayed as it was in the end.
I added a winged-out liquid eyeliner (Bourjois Volume Clubbing), then I used one coat of L'oreal Voluminous mascara in black, then a coat of black Bourjois Volume Clubbing mascara over that - I do this every day and I love the false eyelash effect it gives <3
I kept my lips fairly neutral (I think I used a nude Rimmel lipstick with a shimmery honey coloured Claires Accessories lipgloss over the top) as I wanted my eyes to be the focal point :)


Steve really liked it, he said it suited me so off we went for our meal at a place in Chalk Farm called "Marine Ices" - I love it there!
We had lovely food but the best bit was dessert - we had a sundae called "Coppa Stefania"..
It has chocolate and vanilla ice cream, with a kind of hazelnut sauce and crushed nuts, and then whipped cream..
So it's basically a heart attack kind of dessert, but oh so yummy! Haha..
Here is hubby about to attack his sundae!





After we had eaten we went for a random walk along the Embankment and it was lovely..
The iPhone is awful for taking pics, especially in the dark so this was the only one I got :(





It was really nice just wandering along, joking and chatting and not having to worry about the baby - my Mum was babysitting <3
So all in all, a very nice anniversary!


In other news, I ordered the L'oreal Voluminous mascara in Carbon Black last week so I can't wait to get that - I'm dangerously close to running out of my original one!
Panic lol


I've been reading about some of the girls doing Project 10 Pan, which has inspired me to dig out some unloved products of my own before I buy more new things, so once I've got this mascara that's it for a while - I'll be rediscovering my make up and I'm actually really excited about it :)


So that's all for now, I'll write again soon no doubt - this website is so addictive, haha..


xoxo

3 comments:

Diane said...

lovely look! I absolutely love it even though the picture doesn't show justice. I love your work and hope to see more in the future!!

Faffaholic said...

Ohhhh, I can't believe I've only just realised you have a blog! I love your eye makeup look, very pretty indeed. I'm also a massive fan of ice cream, so that pudding looks like heaven in a glass! Yum. xx

Sarah said...

I love bridges! You are SO lucky to live in London where there are plenty of them!

The dessert looks very yummy!!!

Beautiful eye makeup look :)