Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Getting to Know Me, Getting to Know You

Thank you to the lovely Alexis AKA Faffaholic for making this little quiz, I love doing them (always makes me feel like I'm being interviewed!) and I love reading other peoples answers just as much :]
So please, if you haven't done this already and you would like to, go ahead! ♥

Here are my answers:

What made you choose your blog/twitter/youtube username?
Gosh, this is a long story!
But to cut is short, My Nana always called me "peaches and cream" right from when I was little because of my skin, and once people heard that, it soon got shortened to peaches..
Then of course came the various other versions, like peachylaaa, peachypops etc.. :)

What's your actual name?
Nicola, although I only get caled that when I'm in trouble, haha!
Most people either call me Nic or Nikki.

Do you have any nicknames?
Sooo many!
The funniest one is "Snitch" which my Daddy insists on calling me and always has, but I don't even know why!!
I will never forget being in my birthing pool when I was in labour, and he came upstairs to my room, peeked round the door and went "Alright Snitch?" infront of the midwives and everything!
I was rather embarrassed.

Apart from the obvious make up / beauty hobby, what other hobbies do you have?
Like Alexis I love crafty things!
I adore making things, and I agree that people often don't realise how much time and effort goes in to making someone you care for something special :)
My favourite crafty things are making cards, doing mini story books, making collages from old magazines and photos etc. and customising things like clothing and bags ♥
Although admittedly I don't really have the time for it right now with the baby and everything, bless him.
I love drawing too, although I really don't think I'm any good at it, it's just for fun!

What do you do?
Right now I am a full time Mummy to my little boy, but I used to work in nurseries and schools with babies and children :)
I always knew I wanted to work with animals or children, despite everyone saying you shouldn't and that I must be mad, haha..
But I loved it, and I think that when I return to work I will probably go in to childminding.

What would you like to do?
Well I think I've answered that one, haha!
Whoops.
But yeah, childminding appeals because it is relatively flexible and will fit in nicely with my son, and it's a field of work that I have experience in..
But in a dream world I would love to stay at home with lots of babies and do crafty things for a living! ♥

Tell us something embarrassing, but that you love doing?
Oh goodness!
Weeeell..
I think I mentioned in the last quiz that I did, I basically have zero confidence so everything embarrasses me!
I loooove singing, but will never do it infront of anyone except for my son :)
If anyone ever hears me I get sooo embarrassed and go bright red, it's awful.

Tell us a little something that we don't already know about you.
Well, takig inspiration from Alexis I will tell you about my tattoo :)
It's at the base of my spine and it's a black butterfly design..
My Dad knew I wanted a tattoo, so for my 20th birthday (why wait 'til your 21st?! haha..) he booked in for us both to go and get one done; it was one of the best days ever.
I chose that particular design to represent the changes I was going through in my life and and the transformation I felt was happening (but that's another story!) :)
I also have a labret piercing whoich I looove!
I was in Camden with my cousin years ago when we randomly decided that we should get piercings, so we did..
Tsk at our randomness!
I wanted to get my lip pierced but the woman in the shop suggested getting the labret done and I'm really glad she did because I like this much more ♥
I would like another tattoo to represent Oliver and any future children I have, but that will be all I get done because my Fiance Stephen really isn't keen on ink :(

What achievement are you most proud of?
Without a shadow of doubt, it's having my son Oliver :)
He was a surprise baby, but I knew the moment I saw him during my first scan that I loved him more than life itself.
He was born at home and I had a waterbirth which was an amazing experience.
I also had no pain relief as I wanted to be as clear-headed as possible..
But that idea kinda didn't work out, as I was so sleepy from 3 days of contractions and no sleep that my head was a mess anyway, haha!
But I will never forget the first time I saw him, being lifted from the water and just being so overwhelmed with love and pride..
I'm nearly crying just writing about it!
I want 3 more babies..
Stephen and I are planning on trying for our next bubba when Oliver is 2 or 3 :)

What do you most like about yourself?
I'm proud of the fact that I don't pretend to be someone I'm not - so many people put on an act just to please others or fit in with a certain crowd, but I feel that it's very simple; if you don't appreciate me for who I am, then it's best that we're not friends! :)
I love it when you meet someone you really click with and you get on so well without trying..

I also like that I am really friendly and very caring - I am quite a maternal person and I love when people come to me for comfort or advice - I'm always here with hugs and a box of tissues!

What would you change about yourself if you could?
Well emotionally, I'd want to be more at peace with myself and have more confidence..
But on a physical level, I'd love to have a nose job (eeekk) and a breast enlargement (after I've had all my babies).
I'd also like to lose my "mummy tummy" and various other wobbly bits, haha!

If you could have anything in the world (that doesn't cost any money), what would you want?
Ahh, that's a bit deep, for me anyway!
But this blog is for opening up, so pah, why not..
I'd want one more day with my Grandad who passed away years ago :(
I'd want him to have some time with Oliver ♥

So that's that, I hope I didn't bore you my loves! :)

I'm going shopping today, but not for anything fun like make up - I'm trying not to buy anything for while
*sulks* ¬_¬
I just need a few bits like neutrogena face wipes and some body lotion that I'm running out of.
I must be strong and not crumble!
I do not need any more pretty make up.
Nope.

Wish me luck!

Hugs for all
xoxo

2 comments:

Faffaholic said...

Owww, you're so lovely :-)

I really enjoyed reading this, I definitely feel like I know a bit more about you.... although I could already tell that you make a fantastic mum, I love how you talk about Oliver, its so very sweet.

Have a fab time shopping - I'm sure if 1 little treat slipped into your basket, you could just pretend that Oliver gave you the nod to get it ;-)

xx

peachylaaa said...

And you are lovely too!
I'm glad we got talking, I always enjoy your blogs and I do hope you make more youtube vids darling :]

Oh goodness, I'm really trying to behave with my buying things, but maybe just one treat will stop me from feeling deprived :p Haha!
xx