Saturday, September 05, 2009

My weekend so far..

My last couple of posts have been purely make up related, so I thought I would do a more personal chit-chat type one tonight :)

My Dad lives in Essex and only comes down to stay a weekend in every month, and he came down on Friday evening.
I was so happy to see him, and Oliver grinned as soon as he saw his Grandad ♥
It was adorable. They are real playmates!
Always laughing and tumbling around..

Friday night we had an Indian takeaway, some wine and just chatted loads, it was lovely.
We stayed up late laughing and before I knew it was nearly one am! :o
So I staggered off to bed and left Dad on the sofa to crash out.

Today has been lovely - lots more chats, laughs, getting hysterical over The X Factor, drinking the rest of our wine, and Dad made us a delicious pot roast chicken with loads of veggies and fresh walnut bread - yummm!
He is quite the chef.
Tomorrow he is making beef wellington which I am really looking forward to as I've never had it before.

Oliver always gets really cheeky and noisey when his Grandad is here, and this weekend has been no different - today while he was having his dinner he decided to start grinning and blowing the loudest rasberries at his Grandaddy!
My Dad couldn't stop laughing and the pair of them were doing that for aaaages!
In the end I couldn't help laughing too, and we all ended up with tears in our eyes - Oliver is such a little showman and always has us in stitches.

I always feel a little bit sad about how fast the weekend goes by when my Dad is here - it's true what they say; time really does fly when you're having fun :(
I will be glad when he gets a car, as he will be able to get here a lot more often and we have lots of little trips planned! :)

We are also talking about all going for a family holiday some time early next year which I am really looking forward to - my Dad and I have been through a lot and I just feel so blessed that our Father-Daughter relationship is now more solid and loving than ever ♥

I also feel incredibly proud of how my parents have maintained a relationship of sorts - they are firm friends and the three of us chat and laugh away, despite them being divorced.
As I type this my Mum is serving Dad some fruit cake and has just given him a cuppa!
I think it's lovely and so mature of them.
It makes life so much nicer for me and Oliver.

Ooh, talking of family, on Friday my Mum and I went to do some food shopping for the weekend, and we ended up looking in a store in Enfield Town called "Pearsons"..
It is so old fashioned but they have some lovely make up counters with really nice, easy-going staff who let you swatch and chat away without hassling you (thank goodness, I hate feeling pressured when I'm browsing!)..
We looked at Dior, Chanel, YSL, Clarins, Benefit, all sorts.
I was very restrained and didn't buy anything this time, although I was very tempted!
I saw quite a few things that made me swoon, I have to admit :)
I am determined to get my hands on the Benefit eyeshadow in "Leggy" - I swatched it (twice now, why haven't I bought it yet?!) and feel in love - the shimmer and velvety finish is just pinky perfection.
Some of the other shades were very tempting too but that was the one that really stood out as a must-have for me.

I also keep looking at the YSL lip glosses and there is one called "Golden Whisper" - it looks almost white in the tube with a lot of shimmer, and the way it sparkles just reminds me of diamonds :)
So beautiful.




The other YSL product that got my attention was this eyeshadow quad in "Nude"..



So lush!!

Anyway, I think that's it for now..
I will update tomorrow evening though - I hope this post hasn't bored you!

Big hugs for anyone who reads this
xoxo

2 comments:

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

I finally got around to reading this! I have had it bookmarked to read for the longest time. Sounds like a great weekend and wonderful food!!

LOVE the YSL quad. I am only just getting into YSL and I love it so much more than MAC. I think I am going to stick to NARS, Chanel and YSL with the occasional MAC purchase from now on!