Sunday, February 07, 2010

fotd, mums make up, new hair &mini haul!

Hi lovelies!
First of all, I'm sorry this post is a bit delayed - was going to finish and put it up Monday but I've had a lot of personal issues going on and I haven't had the time or drive to do it..
Better late than never though, as I always say!
Anyway, let's get on with it ♥

FOTD:

I used some more of the new Playboy Cosmetics I wrote about :)
This time I used the "Primped and Proper" eyeshadow duo - I put the darker colour all over the lid and the lighter colour on the browbone and inner corner.
For blush I used "Nymphette" which comes out such a nice colour - maybe it's just because of my skintone, but it seemed quite different to how it looks in the container.
On the lips I used the lighter end of "Pinky Pout" lipliner, then the "Playboy Pink" lipgloss.
I really like this gloss as the colour payoff is great, yet it's not sticky at all..
And when used with the lipliner it really stayed put!









You can also see my new hair colour in the top pic!
I will try and take a better picture today or tomorrow though as I know it doesn't show up very strongly here.
I used the Garnier Morello Cherry Deep red and I really like it!
I used to dye my hair a similar colour when I was in my teens so it's pretty weird having it like this again, haha!
It's not far off my natural colour to be honest, just more of a richer red and less brown to it.

Mums make up!:

Mum bought some new make up while we were out shopping on Friday, so I said I'd do her make up for her on Saturday :)
She's been asking me to do this for a while now because she gets bored of using the same techniques and felt like a change.
I kept it pretty simple because she wanted something that wasn't too striking while she was out running errands and walking the dog.
I used pinks and lilacs on the eyes and her new Prestige Skin Loving Minerals Fresh Glow Baked Mineral blushes - the pink one of the apples of the cheeks and the peachy one as a highlight.
After using these I have to say I am so tempted to get some - they're gorgeous!
And at Boots it's £2 off some of the Prestige line so it's a good time to go and get a bargain :D
On Mums lips we just used a midtone pink lipstick with gloss over the top which is her fave.







Mini Haul:

So as I mentioned, I went shopping on Friday and amongst the things I picked up were these little goodies..

(without flash):


(with flash):


We have Clearasil Stayclear Tinted Treatment Cream, Collection 2000 Hot Looks Fast Dry Nail Polishes in BMX Bandit (blue) and Dynasty (pinky lilac), Prestige Skin Loving Minerals Baked Shadow Quad in Bijou and Sally Hansen Cornsilk Shine Control Classic Translucent Pressed Powder.

I asked for the Benefit Powderflage for my birthday, so I'm looking forward to comparing that and the powder I got here - I use it under the eyes to set my concealer and it really brightens up the area :)

The only other thing I've tried so far is the blue nail polish - I love the colour as it's really different to anything else in my collection but I have to say the staying power isn't excellent which I guess you'd expect as it's only £1.75 a bottle..
I put a good base coat on, 2 coats of the polish then a top coat and it was starting to chip a day later!
Nevermind, it's still pretty so I will carry on using it.
I haven't tried the lilacy colour yet but I really want to as I've heard quite a few ladies saying they like it!

I'm off shopping again tomorrow because I need to get some new clothes and things for Oliver (he's getting huge!) as well as start looking for the birthday cake I want to get him - he's turning one on the 21st and we're having a little party with family, so that should be interesting!
Anyway, if I get anything for myself that I think you lovelies might be interested in seeing, I'll do another blog post at the weekend, providing nothing else happens with my family :)

Hugs as always
- Nikki
xoxo

7 comments:

Tabitha Sheridan said...

Both you and your mum look stunning, then again you always do! It obviously runs in the family!
That pressed powder looks interesting, i wonder where i could pick it up, ive never seen it! xx

Peachypops said...

Oh thank you love, you're too kind! :)
I got the powder from either a 99p or pound shop, I can't even remember which!
I had never seen it anywhere else so I thought I'd give it a go and I actually really like it - have a look around and see if you can grab one!
xo

parisapartment said...

Great post! Someone just sent me lots of shadows to try and I've been avoiding it since. I haven't used a lot of make up in years but you've inspired me to try. Happy Valentine's Day!

Peachypops said...

I wish someone would send me lots of eyeshadows, haha!
I love them, I adore trying new ones and I'm ever so glad I could inspire you in some way to try more make up hun! :D
That has made my day
xo

Sarah said...

where did you get the playboy lip gloss?

Peachypops said...

I got it from Superdrug :) xo

Mamasakio said...

Love to read your thoughts, and have awarded you a Beautiful Blogger Award! Please follow this link: http://mamasakio.blogspot.com/2010/04/beautiful-blogger-award-goes-to.html