Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Long time no blog!! Long update with pics :)

I am so sorry it's been so long darlings, I feel really bad..
I'm a terrible blogger :( lol
I have managed to break my laptop once again - this time it was actually my fault as I was rushing to go get Oliver and managed to get half an earphone stuck as I was shutting it and it cracked the screen..
It's at the Acer Centre in Plymouth right now, and they want over £100 to fix it and return it to me, despite the fact that it's under warranty - I'm not a happy bunny!
Anyway, I'll pay it (grudgingly) and try my best to keep this cursed laptop living a while longer until I get my new pink Sony Vaio (squeee!! Far too excited about that) ♥

I have got a few things to write about, some of them personal and some of them beauty related so feel free to skip the bits you find boring :)

I'll get the personal stuff out of the way first.

I've got my dad living here with me - he's been here for the past month I think..
He quit his job when he was going through a horrible marriage break down, so he ended up losing his home.
I'm really glad he's here where I can keep an eye on him and I really enjoy his company too :)
He loves cooking so we've had some yummy meals together which is always a bonus!
I don't know how long he'll stay for but he is welcome to be here as long as he wants and needs to be.

Also, Steve and I are together and going strong - we're actually talking about having a Vegas wedding next year - crazy stuff!
I'm very aware that this is our last chance to make it work and for us and for Oliver, I really want it to..
It's looking really good so far, it's like a completely fresh new start for us :D

Ooh another thing I'd love to hear your opinions on is broodiness!
My son turned a year old on the 21st of Feb and already I'm cooing over other babies and pregnant women, wondering what it would be like for Oliver to have a little brother or sister to play with - it's mad and not entirely rational I know.
So all you gorgeous yummy mummies out there - after you had your first child, did you really miss being pregnant even though you were over the moon to have your baby with you to love?
And did you feel broody soon afterwards, or were you content with just the one baby for the time being?
I think it might just be me - I adore kids, always have and always will :)
Would be great to hear other ladies opinions though so please leave me a comment and tell me your view!

Talking of babies, Oliver is amazing me more and more by the day - his speech is really coming along and he is such a sociable little boy, he loves chatting away and smiling at new people!
He's never been a particularly clingy baby and he will go to practically anyone for a cuddle or to play - it makes me so proud.
He's been suffering with teething, that's been the only downer..
It's hard seeing him in pain and miserable but I've been giving him Calpol and it seems to help a bit.
His daddy was away for nearly 3 weeks visiting family in the Philippines and when he came back it was like all Olivers sadness just evaporated, haha!
Bless him, he didn't let his dad out of his sight for the next week!
Oli has really started enjoying cruising around furniture now and he will happily walk alongside me if I hold one of his hands for support - I'm hoping it won't be too long before he's walking independently but I know he'll do it in his own time when he is ready :)


-Oliver testing out his new stroller :D

And this one is when I managed to distract him from Mama Mirabelle lol..




Now, on to some beauty stuff!

Firstly, I have dyed my hair and I really love it :D
I used one of the schwarzkopf Palette dyes in Ruby Red and I'm so happy with how it came out - my hair was quite dark to begin with so I wasn't expecting the red to be very vibrant but it's taken really well!
Here are some pictures taken with flash-







I haven't dyed my hair this sort of colour since I was in my late teens probably, so it's taking some getting used to but I think it'll stay like this for quite some time - I was considering dying it black again but I'm more than happy to have it red for now - infact I'm actually considering getting another box of dye and using it soon to get a more intense colour..
Do you think I should? :)

Another thing that has made me happy is MAC doing free delivery a couple of times since I last blogged, haha! ♥
I don't go mad and buy loads, but the things I have got are gorgeous and I'm so glad I did get them.
I have bought Satin Taupe, Antiqued and Tempting (I already had Amber Lights and Naked Lunch) and the first week or so I had them I used them almost every day, I love them so much ♥
I also got a paintpot in Soft Ochre - that's another product that's now got a dent in it, as I find not many eye primers work on my somewhat oily eyelids (yuk!) so this has made an amazing base for all my eyeshadows, or even on its own on those lazy days with just a flick of black liquid eyeliner :)
The last MAC product I bought was Creme Cup lipstick. I already had Lovelorn which I'm crazy about and will definitely be buying a back-up of!
Creme Cup is a stunning pink nude and I love wearing it with a smokey eye.
I also love that smell that MAC lipsticks have - it's a gorgeous vanilla scent - yum.
What are your favourite MAC products? I hope they do free delivery again soon, haha!


L-R: Creme Cup lipstick, Soft Ochre Paintpot and Lovelorn lipstick.

I've noticed that I'm using a lot of nude and pink lip products lately - maybe I'll be more daring with more striking colours in the summer!
Some that I've been loving recently are the Barry M lipstick in 100, elf "Runway Pink", Natural Collections "Apple Blossom" and the Maybelline Color Sensational in "Pink Pearl"..







I often use the Apple Blossom to nude out my lips before using a gloss or another lipstick as my lips are quite dark naturally - and I think it's only £1.95 so really you can't go wrong! The consistency is gorgeous; really creamy with a nice sheen to it :)
Pink Frost looks lush when paired with a pink sparkly lip gloss I have by Avon - very Barbie-ish! ♥
The elf lipstick was one I actually wasn't particularly keen on when I got it, but after experimenting with some different glosses layered over it I keep reaching for it now.
Barry M 100 is a real pale bubblegum pink and I love this with a raspberry coloured gloss over the top for a more wearable look.

Face products I grab on a daily basis change all the time, but right now to of my faves are the elf blush in "Peachy Keen" and Collection 2000 Shimmer and shade in "Pink Me Up"..



The blush is a really similar colour to the background shade in the collection 2000 product and I didn't realise until I literally just posted that photo, haha!
However, I love them both and I'm glad I have them in my make up stash - now spring is here and summer is on its way, I love wearing peachy blush on my cheeks with a good shimmery highlight on my cheekbones :)

Right, that's all for now my lovelies, I will be posting another blog midweek about some recent eyeshadow purchases so keep an eye out for that! ♥
Also look out for some "Getting to know you" survey/ questionnaire type of things I will be doing :)

Hugs as always

- Nikki xoxo

4 comments:

jennie said...

Yayy for a new blog post, I've missed them!

Double yayy for you and your boy! My boyfriend is half filipino, I know he really wants to go and visit him family over there sometime soon!

Oli is so so cutee! He's going to have all the ladies after him for sure!!

xoxo

Peachypops said...

aww i didn't know that - yay for half fili boyfriends :D <3
steve doesn't go over there that often as it's quite expensive - his family normally go every 3 years..
do you think you will go with your boyfriend?

thank you beautiful!!
i'm so proud of the little munchkin

xoxo

Tabitha Sheridan said...

Oh oliver is handsome!! And your hair looks gorgeous, hope youre ok xx

Peachypops said...

thank you so much lovely!
i'm okay thanks, just having a nice relaxed day today :) xo