Tuesday, May 31, 2011

8 Questions Tag

Hi guys!
I realise it's been a long time since I last blogged, but you wouldn't believe how manic my life has been - I've come to the conclusion that blogging will have to be done late at night when the little ones are asleep and nothing needs to be done.
My daughter Isabella has developed pretty severe separation anxiety and screams every time I put her down or pass her to somebody else, which makes having time for my son and housework pretty hard..
It's got to the point where I can't even have a shower until she goes to sleep at night during the week, as I'm on my own with both kids the majority of the time.
I'm lucky that my son Oliver is a complete little star and tolerates his sister being such a diva with no jealousy or tears! <3

Anyway, to ease myself back in to blogging I thought I'd do this tag - I saw this particular set of questions on All About Beauty 21's blog and the idea is that you do the tag, then make up 8 of your own questions to pass on to your readers :)
I will put my questions for you to answer at the end of the post.
So, here we go!

1. How do you imagine yourself in 10 years?
I like to think that I'll have another child, still be living here in Essex and we'll be in a bigger house with a couple of cats.
In terms of a career, we'll have to wait and see!
I'm very confused about what I want to do at the moment.

2. Is there something you regret doing/ not doing?
Plenty of things, but I try not to dwell on them - life really is too short to have regrets and we should always try our best to make the most out of every negative challenge we face.
Trust me when I say I know it's easier said than done, but life is too precious to waste.

3.If there was one thing you could change about yourself, what would it be? And why?
I wish I wasn't so anxious!
I worry a lot about life in general, but it's something I'm trying to do less of.
I'm such a sensitive soul, my mind can be my worst enemy sometimes!
It'd be great to feel easy breezy about everything!

4.What is your favorite childhood memory?
My aunt passed away a few years ago, and I remember being little and having a sleepover at her house with her daughter (my cousin)..
We were watching movies and getting bored, so she randomly said "You know how mums and dads have mothers and fathers day once a year? Well it's kids day every day!" and took us to the corner shop to buy sweets and comics.
The fact that we were in our pyjamas and it was late at night didn't faze her in the slightest.
She was a very spur of the moment woman and this was typical behaviour for her - it's how I like to remember her..

5. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
The ability to freeze time!
I'd be able to do so much more in the day if I didn't have to worry about the baby getting upset and yelling the house down when I need a shower or to make food :)

6. If you could have only one make up item, what would it be?
Ooh, this is a tricky one!
I think it'd have to be mascara as it opens up my eyes so much more..
I have to say I really don't feel like me without winged out black eyeliner though!

7. What's the best thing about being a beauty blogger?
I don't purely blog about beauty, but blogging in general means a lot to me..
I've always loved writing and generally being creative, so being able to do this and get positive feedback from lovely people is great for me.
Since becoming a mum blogging has had to take a back seat (as have all of my hobbies), but that makes it even more fun when I do get a chance to write a post :)

8. What's your best make up tip?
The thing that I always remind myself of (and anyone else who is asking for make up advice) is to never follow trends just because everyone else is - make up is meant to enhance beauty and make you feel confident, but by wearing something that isn't "you", you can sometimes end up with a look that doesn't suit you and makes you feel uncomfortable.
Be happy in who you are and wear what suits you best!

So that's it!
My 8 questions for anyone who wants to answer them are:

1. What is your favourite item of clothing and why?
2. If your house was burning dowm, what would you save?
3. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
4. What is your favourite make up look?
6. What is your dream job?
7. What is your favourite song and why?
8. Which celebrities do you look to for style inspiration?

If you do decide to do this tag, please leave me a comment and let me know, as I'd love to read your answers :) ♥







I'm not going to promise a post every week but I will promise to write whenever I can! :)
'Til next time,

- Nikki xo

2 comments:

rose petals said...

aw your children look adorable :) bless them they look so sweet! I love your blog background as well X

Peachypops said...

Thank you so much hun!
I'm so proud of my bubbas :) x